CNC EDM Wire Machining Services
JPT has the Wire EDM Capacity to meet your production needs.
In conjunction with JPT’s extensive manufacturing services we also offer Wire EDM—also known as Wire Cutting, Wire burning, and Traveling Wire EDM—uses spark erosion to machine or remove material with a traveling wire electrode from any electrically conductive material. The wire electrode usually consists of brass or zinc-coated brass material.
Our Wire EDM machines are fully automated and operate 24 hours/day, seven days a week. We maximize cutting edge technology for ultimate results:
MV2400-R ADVANCE PLUS M800 WIRE EDM
- New 17” auto-threading annealing length improves threading reliability
- Fixed table traveling column construction (column moves in X, Y axis)
- Submerged machining to 12.2” deep
- Fully fiber optic servo control allows 4x faster internal communication speeds
- DMX-S (Digital Matrix Sensor) shapes each spark, reducing electrode wear
- V350-V AEII power supply with digital spark control
- Full-time AEII (anti-electrolysis) power supply protection
- Non-contact, zero-backlash linear shaft drive system (X, Y, U, V axis)
- Single-piece, hardened, 4-sided stainless worktable
- Fine-grain “Dianite” casting material
- DC-servo (closed loop) torque-control wire-tensioning system
- Linear motion guideways
- Auto-threading unit with scrap wire processor (chopper)
- All-axes absolute control system
- Linear glass scale feedback (X, Y, U, V axis)
- Optical rotary encoder feedback (Z axis)
- Dielectric fluid chiller standard
- Auto-oiler lubrication system
- Automatic fluid level control
- Automatic vertical machine tank door
- Fully automatic rough machining control covers PM, CM-R, and EM functions
- M800 series CNC control with 19” ergonomic touchscreen
Any conductive material can be Wire EDM machined, including Aluminum, Brass, Carbide, Copper, Hastalloy, Inconel, Steel, Stellite, and Titanium.JPT uses various EDM programming systems. We can accept various files such as dxf, dwg, iges, Parasolid, Solidworks, ProEngineer, as well as others for easy generation into Wire EDM programs.
Whether your application is prototype or of higher-volume production, JPT Technologies believes that no Wire EDM job is too small, too large or too complex.
If you require Wire EDM expertise, we invite you to contact us to learn all that we can offer you.