Differential Case Tooling
Indexable Spherical and Flat Face Cutters
Differential Case Tooling | Drop-In Style ( 7 1/4 – 11)
- Spherical Seat Cutters. (Brazed or Indexable)
- Side Gear Cutters. (Brazed or Indexable)
- Drive Arbors.
- Safe Arbors.
- Hangers or “Holding Shafts”.
- Tool Setting Gages.
- Micro-Adjust Pin Bore
- Much, much more…
See the JPT “Full-Sphere” product offering.
See the “Drop-In” JPT PASS™ for CNC Equiptment.
Since 1973, JPT has designed and manufactured drop-in style Differential Case Tooling for dedicated Machine Tool equipment.
Our specialty application experience covers Many, Many different types of parts and associated materials that require exacting tolerances.
Differential Cases are a PRIME FOCUS of JPT.
During this time JPT has established a great library of application knowledge…………
Including (70) Differential Case part prints in the past five years alone.
As a result of this, JPT has developed insert-style “drop-in” Differential Case Tooling that provides extremely high quality workpieces and Tool Life in the many thousands of cycles.
This success is due to VERY SPECIFIC JPT design and manufacture focus on;
- Fixture design.
- Cutter body – to – hanger design.
- Drive arbor engagement design.
- Insert material, geometry and tolerancing.
- Recommended speeds and feeds.
- Workpiece material and process.
- Machine Tool Specifications.
- Part “In” condition…..prior operations.
- Locate and clamping points / method.
- Run-off requirements.
In addition to the above, JPT is frequently involved in the process and fixture concepts as well as the machine tool application and maintenance. Our involvement in all of the mentioned elements produces very successful applications.
So successful are these that a number of elements have United States and International patents (and Patents Pending)….including the JPT PASS ™ Cutter Insertion System utilized by Machine Tool Builders for converting new or existing equipment into Differential Case machining cells.
When we are asked to “quote a tool” along with “back-up” inserts………without the aforementioned involvement…..the outcome is generally poor and all involved have generally been displeased. We are certain that this is due to the “Manufacturing Marketplace” viewing this type of tooling as a “COMMODITY” (such as a standard catalog toolholder or insert) and fairly often not understanding the discipline required and the complexities involved.
Subsequently, JPT’s increased involvement in all areas of Differential Case manufacturing has grown out of necessity as needed by our customers.
Product Features and Capabilities
- Rough & Finish Spherical Seat Indexable Cutters (Single & Double Ended).
- Rough & Finish Side Gear Indexable Cutters (Single & Double Ended).
- Drive and Slave Arbors.
- Tool Setting Gages.
- DFC™ Surface Treatment for Friction reduction and Corrosion Resistance.
- Coolant Available Through the Tool.
- Repair Services.