Full-Sphere Differential Case Tooling
|Differential Case Tooling | Full-Sphere
CNC Machine or Special Machine “Full-Sphere” Style JPT Motion Tool with Fixturing.
“Full-Sphere Motion Tool & Fixture” diff-case solution for manufacturing full-sphere diff-cases “The JPT Way.”
U.S. Patent Number 7,909,548
JPT “Full Sphere and Fixturing System” for Machining Differential Case Housings
U.S. Patent Number 7,909,548
Since 1973, two years after our beginning, JPT has been designing and manufactured Differential Case Tooling evolving into our “Best Practices” or “The JPT Way”.
Our specialty application experience covers Many, Many different types of parts and associated materials that require exacting tolerances.
Differential Cases are a PRIME FOCUS of JPT.
During this time JPT has established a great library of application knowledge…….
Including (70) Differential Case part prints in the past five years alone.
As a result of this, JPT has developed insert-style “Full-Sphere” Differential Case Tooling and Fixturing that provides extremely high quality workpieces and tool life.
This success is due to VERY SPECIFIC JPT design and manufacture focus on;
- Fixture design.
- Insert material, geometry and tolerancing.
- Recommended speeds and feeds.
- Workpiece material and process.
- Machine Tool Specifications.
- Part “In” condition…..prior operations.
- Locate and clamping points / method.
- Tool Setting Offset Gaging.
- Run-off requirements.
In addition to the above, JPT is frequently involved in the process and fixture concepts as well as the machine tool application and maintenance. Our involvement in all of the mentioned elements produces very successful applications.
So successful are these that a number of elements have United States and International Patents (and Patents Pending)….including the JPT PASS ™ Cutter Insertion System utilized by Machine Tool Builders for converting new or existing equipment into Differential Case machining cells.
When we are asked to “quote a tool” along with “back-up” inserts………without the aforementioned involvement…..the outcome is generally poor and all involved have generally been displeased. We are certain that this is due to the “Manufacturing Marketplace” viewing this type of tooling as a “COMMODITY” (such as a standard catalog toolholder or insert) and fairly often not understanding the discipline required and the complexities involved.
Subsequently, JPT’s increased involvement in all areas of Diff-Case manufacturing has grown out of necessity as needed by our customers.
Product Features and Capabilities
- Rough and Finish Sphere in One-Pass.
- Adjustable Roughing Insert & Micro-Adjustable Finishing Insert.
- Greater Tool Life over other Methods.
- 300 to 500 (%) Percent Work Cycle Reduction over other Methods.
- Can be Mounted on CNC Sub-Spindle Lathes.
- Can be Used on CNC Machining Centers.
- Part Quality Built into each Tool.
- Tool Always in Balance.
- Tool Supported for Maximum Stability.
- Tool Setting Gages.
- DFC Surface Treatment for friction reduction and corrosion resistance.
- Coolant available through the tool.
- Repair Service.